Okay, okay. Obviously this isn’t my first meal ever. That would be impossible. But it is my first real Paleo meal. So in a way, it’s kind of like a rebirth. Anyhow, it looks delicious – doesn’t it?
It’s almond-crusted pork chops served with a spinach and bacon power salad and gala apple slices. Yum.In my humble opinion (and since this is my blog, that’s the only opinion that counts), it tastes even better than it looks. So for those of you with food envy, here’s the super simple recipe.
Things you need:
- Thin-cut pork chops (I bought from the organic section)
- Almond meal (same as almond flour)
- 1 egg (again, organic)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 slices uncured bacon
- Handful grape tomatoes
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 small apple
How to prepare said things:
- Remove any excess fat from pork chops
- Crack and stir egg into one dish, and place almond meal in second dish
- One at a time, dip pork chops into egg then coat in almond flour. Place in skillet, and cook on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, turning once.
Spinach & Bacon Salad
- Cut bacon into quarter-inch pieces, fry in skillet until crispy. Set aside to cool using paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Note: Leave bacon grease in pan for use in cooking pork chops! This gives the pork chops even more flavor.
- In medium-sized bowl, combine bacon, spinach, grape tomatoes (halved), lemon juice and EVOO. Toss ingredients together.
Apple – Simply cut this into slices to enjoy with your meal!